Montessori 3-Part Cards: Colours

I am doing a lot of research on educational activities for Jaydan (going 4 this year) and I chance upon Imagine Our Life. Initially I was looking for educational felt projects to do and after looking at her site, I saw the 3-part cards that she used for her child.
I then googled more on the Montessori 3-part cards and decided to create my own to cater to the needs of Jaydan: Starting with Colours!

Colours: Base Cards
Colours: Matching Cards
I created it using powerpoint. Although it was quite time consuming to create them, the sense of satisfaction was great while looking at Jaydan enjoying it! :)


Preview of this 3-Part Cards: Colours
Jaydan trying to match the words and colours to the cards.
His proud face when he was able to match most of it correctly.
The moment he woke up the following day, he asked for the Colour Cards.
I printed them on 120gm of white papers, then laminated them to make them more durable. After the lamination, I cut them out and made a folder to keep them. I will talk about how to make the folder in another posting.
I am sharing the PDF of this 3-Part Cards: Colours with my readers. You can click the link below to download it and print them for personal use.

PDF of 3-Part Cards: Colours

Cut out the base cards and the matching cards. 

To play, read with your child each of the base card and arrange them on the table.
Then, get your child to use the matching cards and match to each of the base card.
Through this activity, your child can learn to recognise the words. :)


If you would like me to help you print, laminate and cut them, it is available at SGD$13, including local normal postage. It also includes the folder to put the cards. Please note that since all these are handmade, the cutting of each card might varies a bit, would not be 100% of the same size. You could email me at fynnchng@gmail.com or leave a comment here.

No comments