Braised Pork Rice (Lu Rou Fan)

Yesterday was Hari Raya Haji and I stayed home with my 2 little munchkins.
It was a public holiday and it also marked the end of my September holiday... *Cry*

Karen and Siew Boon decided to come over to my house for lunch and hence, I gotta think of dishes that they might like. As usual, laziness kicked in and I told myself, "The recipes must be easy and as little things for me to prepare as possible!!!"

I chanced upon ECKitchenSG and I finally found a dish that I loved (did not really care about whether Karen and Siew Boon like it or not...) and most importantly, SIMPLE TO PREPARE AND DO! That is.... BRAISED PORK RICE!




As it is required to be cooked on stove for 3 hours in order for the fats to be soft, I transferred into a pressure cooker once the alcohol was fully evaporated. 
Also, I removed the eggs before putting into the pressure cooker as I am not sure if eggs can be placed in a pressure cooker or not... *scared it would have the same effect as in microwave*

Before my friends got to taste it, my 2 munchkins already started to have their lunch as the fragrant smell of the braised pork posed a huge temptation that caused them to scream for food!

So, a picture speaks a thousand words... Look at their reaction!

When my friends arrived, we started to eat and in the end, I had forgotten to take photos of the other food I prepared (Airfried crabsticks and Mojayaki)...




No comments